Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board (RHCAB)
Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board
The Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board (RHCAB) is the local organizing committee responsible for setting direction in addressing homelessness within our community. While they are responsible for Reaching Home funding decisions, their role goes beyond that. They work to encourages partnership building and are involved with aligning efforts to end and prevent homelessness throughout the community. They identify priorities through a planning process, determine which projects should be implemented to address those priorities and reports back to the larger community on the efforts made and results achieved in preventing and reducing homelessness. They have also initiated and are guiding the process of a Plan To End Homelessness in Regina.
On the Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board, 4 out of the 9 current members are Indigenous community leaders, including the Board Vice Chair. During Regina's point in time count of homelessness in 2015, 75% of those counted and surveyed were Indigenous, making it clear that the conversation surrounding homelessness disproportionately impacts this community. As a leadership group in the community, RHCAB knows it's crucial to engage the Indigenous community and ensure this process is led and supported by Indigenous leaders in the community. For inquiries about funding opportunities, email .
Regina Community Advisory Board Members
- Jennifer Barrett, City of Regina (Board Chair)
- Pamela Sanderson, Newo Yotina Friendship Centre (Board Vice-Chair)
- Robert Byers, Namerind Housing Corporation
- Susan Hollinger, Ministry of Social Services
- Dawn Jacobs, Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Lana Phillips, Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
- Bruce McKee, Community Member
- Jo-anne Goodpipe, First Nations University of Canada
- CURRENTLY VACANT, Regina Police Services Cultural Relations Unit
Contact The Board
Would you like to contact a member of the Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board? Fill out the Contact Form below and we'll have someone be in touch ASAP!