Homeless Individuals and Families Information System
The Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) software helps organizations that support people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. HIFIS helps manage the entire spectrum of support services you provide to your clients. It also allows you to collect data which in turn contributes to a better understanding of the issues at hand.
HIFIS 4 is the latest version of the HIFIS software. It is designed to make data integration safe and easy for users. It can be implemented over a wide network and accessed from a variety of Web-enabled devices, such as laptops, smartphones and tablets. Comprehensive user rights, client visibility and confidentiality practices help ensure that the data is not compromised.
Its design makes it a useful tool for a coordinated system of service delivery. Imagine a system where everyone trying to help a client has access to the same information – that individual can be referred to the support services that will best help them, without having to tell their story multiple times.
HIFIS is offered at no cost and provides the following benefits to service providers:
- Allows the tracking of support services, such as shelter admissions, case management, client assessments, goods and services.
- Includes comprehensive reporting functions and access to assessment tools such as the Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (SPDAT) and Vulnerability Assessment Tool (VAT).
- Offers the latest standards in privacy and confidentiality to protect clients while allowing information to be shared across a community’s system of social supports.
- Supports data sharing at the local, regional and national levels.
- Gives access to free technical support through the HIFIS Support Desk, as well as online and in-person training.
For more information, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/communities/homelessness/nhis/hifis.html